We invite your participation in our Temple Beth Or community and family. We are a warm, vibrant, and growing congregation with families and individuals of diverse ages, interests, and religious backgrounds. Our temple members come together from many northern Bergen County communities and beyond.
Beth Or means House of Light in English. Our House of Light is a meeting place to worship, study and celebrate meaningful milestones in our lives. Together with our caring clergy, inspiring music, lifelong educational opportunities, commitment to social action and dedicated leadership, we value the continuity of Reform Judaism, Jewish culture and Israel. If you are interested in knowing more about our congregation, please contact Beth Blackman, Temple Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-664-7422.
The following programs are available to you as a temple member:
- High Holy Day tickets
- Religious School Education
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Education
- Confirmation Class
- Teen Community Night
- Youth Group
- Torah Study Group
- Lifelong Learning Programs
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah Program
- Clergy at life cycle events (marriage ceremonies, baby naming, funerals)
- Our bi-monthly bulletin (the Spotlight) and other mailings
- Preferred rates for facilities rental
Our worship and festival services include monthly tot Shabbat services (especially for young families), Sukkah decorating, joyous Simchat Torah procession and dancing, Hanukkah celebration, Purim Carnival and many meaningful spiritual, educational and social events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I attend a service at Temple Beth Or if I’m not yet a member?
We encourage you to attend any Shabbat and festival services. Please note that during the High Holy Days, only those with tickets can attend services due to limited space and security.
Can I visit the temple for a tour?
We are happy to show you our temple building, sanctuary and religious school. Please contact our temple office at 201-664-7422 or email@example.com.
Is there any flexibility with membership dues?
There are many different categories of membership available to meet your needs. No one is ever denied membership due to financial considerations. Please contact our Temple Administrator to discuss financial arrangements for your family.
Do membership dues include religious school tuition?
The religious school tuition is a separate fee from membership dues. Please contact Anat Katzir, Director of Education at 201-722-0269 for school information or Beth Blackman, Temple Administrator at 201-664-7422 with membership questions.
Introductory Young Family Program
Give the Gift of Jewish Education, and We Give You the Gift of Membership
Discover our Introductory Young Family Program for families with K-2 students. When you enroll your K-2 student in our religious school, your family becomes a member at no extra cost. Become part of our temple community and enjoy participation in our congregation – including worshipping with us during the High Holy Days. For more information, please contact Beth Blackman, Temple Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-664-7422.
- Eligibility: For families whose oldest child is enrolled in our religious school in grades K – 2 and who have no children in the 3rd grade or higher.
- Family receives complimentary annual membership when student’s Young Family tuition rate of $1125 is paid in full effective July 1.
- Membership fees and building fund are deferred until oldest child enters 3rd grade of religious school.
- Families may enroll siblings in grades K-2 at the regular tuition rate of $950.00 (assuming no children in 3rd grade or older).
- Program is available to new members only.